Sunday, August 8, 2010

LogCat not Working in Eclipse Mac

I installed ADT on my macbook pro the other day and everything went smoothly until I tried to debug my app. LogCat wasn't displaying anything. After searching online for a while, the only information I could find was that it just doesn't play nice with eclipse. It seems that when I close my emulator, LogCat throws an error saying it can't attach to the emulator. Then the next time I try to debug, I don't get any logs. Restarting Eclipse fixes the issue, but gets annoying, when I have to restart every time I want to debug.

I also can't seem to get any breakpoints to catch...no logs or breakpoints makes it hard to code.

UPDATE: If you just back out of your live wallpaper, rather than hitting the power button, you can go back to eclipse and hit "debug LiveWallpaperName", this will reinstall the current version of your apk. This way you don't have to detach from the emulator and LogCat will keep spitting out logs.

No comments:

Post a Comment